WHAT IS DYNAMIC TAPE?
If you would like to purchase a ticket for multiple course participants, please enter the names of the participants in the comments field during checkout (additional information field).
Part of our credentialing education pathway, this comprehensive module is specifically designed to help clinicians develop a sound understanding and ability to employ Dynamic Tape with a specific focus on the upper and lower limb.
Though focused on efficient application of Dynamic Tape, the module will also provide an ability to critically evaluate taping approaches and an exploration of the underpinning biomechanical principles that enhance successful use of the tool. The module will outline the influence of load and force transfer on pathology and movement, consider traditional taping approaches and their uses and limitations with respect to managing load and movement, in addition to exploring the unique properties of Dynamic Tape which allow the tool to address these gaps.
To further familiarise attendees with the various mechanical mechanisms and contemporary utilization of Dynamic Tape, emerging research will be considered, enhancing practitioners’ application to support their clients to realise their performance and clinical outcome goals.
Who’s it for?
Dynamic Tape courses are designed for registered medical health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists, hand therapists, occupational therapists, sport rehabilitation therapists, and athletic trainers.
Course attendees are supported in their learning progression through direct interaction with the accredited tutor team, exploring underpinning concepts and their application with respect to the use of Dynamic Tape.
For added reassurance, attendees are assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations and learning checks designed to support the successful integration of the content into clinical practice and performance environments.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate as you will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training sessions.
- Learners must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2)
- Certificate fees
- Course material
- 2 day ‘face to face’ event
What will I learn?
Key learning outcomes are:
- Exploration of the underpinning biomechanical, pathoanatomical and pathophysiological principles that support the application of Dynamic Tape
- Exploration of how to develop and apply an effective Biomechanical Taping technique
- Ability to apply a critical review of alternative taping approaches
- An introduction to and an exploration of how to develop and apply an effective biomechanical taping technique for the upper and lower limb with an introduction to the spine.
- An outline of the Dynamic Tape credentialing pathway and next steps of progression
- Tutor: Jurn Depecker
- Accomodation and meals not included
- Although we can usually provide massage tables for all participants, we would still be happy if participants who have the transport options, could bring their own massage table.
- The expected duration of the workshop is appr. 8 hours a day
Place and time
- Address: Jugendherberge Köln-Deutz, City Hostel, Siegesstr. 5, 50679 Cologne, Germany
- Hostel Website: www.koeln-deutz.jugendherberge.de
- Begin of the workshop: 04.11.2023 – 9 o’clock